READ TIME: 6 MINS.
A reliable and multifaceted office copier is a critical tool for every success-oriented company. However, choosing the right one can feel overwhelming. After all, some of the best office equipment is not only pricey but can, unfortunately, if incorrectly chosen, can cause issues later down the road.
Like most, your day is slammed with back to back meetings or presentations, and you don’t have to time to spend dealing with an unreliable office copier.
If you aren’t sure about the best steps to take when searching for an office copier that suits the needs of your business, you’ve come to the right place.
Identifying the right office copier for your employees and customers first starts with finding the right dealer. Because all office copiers are different, finding the best office copier company or dealer is vital. You’ll need to have the best insight on purchasing decisions based on the type of work your business produces.
How do you know if your business needs a new office copier? Let us help! Read our article, Top 5 Reasons to Upgrade Your Office Copier.
Follow along as we explore the best ways to choose a reliable office copier company and the importance of purchasing dependable office technology.
Reliable Office Copier Companies: Here’s What To Look For
During your search for an office copier, you’ll find that many copier companies offer products from more than one supplier. However, if a company only supplies one brand of office copiers, that doesn’t necessarily mean they can’t give your business options.
Regardless of the copier company, it’s critical to learn about the types of copier brands so that you get a better idea of what will make the best fit. This process is similar to purchasing a new TV. The more research you do upfront on the different types of TV brands, the easier time you’ll have finding the perfect one to watch the big game this weekend.
When looking up office copier companies in your area, you’ll want to make sure they check the following boxes:
- They are responsive. How long does it take for them to respond to a service call? The industry standard is within two hours or less, so make sure the companies you’re interested in have the stats to back this up.
- They have quick resolutions. What parts and supplies do their service techs carry in their car? Do their techs have certifications? What does their stock inventory look like? The only way to receive exceptional service when your office copier malfunctions are if your copier company has the tools and resources to assist you quickly.
- One-Call Resolution. It becomes problematic if your office copier repair technician can’t fix your issue for the first time they visit your office. Make sure to find a company that practices a one-call resolution when a problem occurs. Better yet, find a company that can even fix your copier problems for you over the phone without ever having to visit your workplace.
Which Office Copier Companies Are The Best?
After becoming more familiar with the qualities of a great office copier company, it’s critical to explore some of the top brands of office copiers. According to Forbes, some of the best-rated office copier suppliers today include:
- Xerox: Xerox office copiers offer the latest color technology and supply copiers that suit the needs of every business. Xerox is a household name that’s been around for a while and always provides quality products, features, and add-ons.
- Kyocera: The Kyocera brand has also been around for some time and offers a multitude of office technology, whether your business is large or small.
- Canon: Canon products are typically associated with quality cameras and print. All its models offer the highest known resolution in color. It is perfect for businesses looking to create multiple color copies.
- Konica Minolta: All Konica copiers run on Bizhub, an open platform, which means you are not required to learn new technology after upgrading your photocopier. These devices are also suitable for growing organizations.
- Sharp: This is suitable for small businesses. The copiers come in different ranges that can handle varying volumes, colors, and speed.
By carrying out some basic research online, you can easily see there are striking differences in the services offered by different companies that sell copiers as well as the different products of each brand.
Copier companies selling equipment from any of the above suppliers are likely to meet a variety of applications and can significantly encourage growth within your business.
The Need for Analysis
A credible office copier company will make an effort to thoroughly assess the current situation of your business and which office technology products you’re utilizing. The company should offer in-depth analysis and resolutions to your pain points, so you are more informed on choosing the most suitable copier for your business.
A great copier company should demonstrate an interest to learn your future copying, printing and scanning goals and match them with the right equipment. The company should also go the extra mile to interview department heads as well as other key stakeholders to be sure that the technology offered fits within your business needs.
Monitor Copier Companies Track Record
Every vendor promises to close a deal successfully. However, not all deliver. You don’t want to risk lengthy breakdowns given that the failure of equipment can quickly stall productivity. Find out if your dealer has happy customers and positive reviews from sites such as Yelp, Google, and Facebook.
As we mentioned earlier, make sure to pay close attention to their delivery efficiency, as well as honesty. Be careful to follow up on the satisfaction level from their current customers. Feedback is an excellent bar for measuring competency.
What About An Authorized Dealer?
If the company sells products from a particular well-known manufacturer, it could mean they can be trusted. This is because the copier manufacturer and the dealer tend to share ideas and are committed to innovations.
Every manufacturer sets specific standards that the dealer is expected to maintain to sustain the reputation of the supplier.
Top manufacturers focus on top-class products that boost business efficiency— it means you should pay more attention to the product you are buying.
Growing With Your Office Copiers
Every business has a set growth plan, right? Will a potential copier vendor have the capacity to scale-up in line with the needs of your business in the future? Ensure the office copier company you select has the muscle to handle future growth changes of your organization.
If for instance, at some point you would like to lease equipment instead of purchasing, does your dealer have leasing options? The company should give you the flexibility of owning the latest equipment that streamlines your business functions.
Your dealer should do more than just monitor your copier machine. Most copiers are multi-functional and come with a wide range of add-ons, such as security features and printing from a mobile device. The company should offer training to your team for ease of use and ensure you are comfortable with your equipment.
The right provider should actively guide your team on how to customize reporting and monitoring software that enables you to know when maintenance is needed to prevent the occurrence of equipment failure.
As a preventative measure, they could also program the equipment to order supplies automatically when necessary, including ink and toner cartridges, among others.
Keep a Lookout For a Fair Deal
A reliable office copier company should also secure a favorable deal for your company. They should focus on selling equipment that meets the needs of your company and not try to up-sell with features you don’t need.
Should you contract for equipment with unnecessary features and out of range printing and copying volume, your maintenance and leasing costs will rise. The best company for your business will help you secure the right equipment at a reasonable deal.
There are numerous office copier dealers today, but not all suit your business. When carrying out your research on the best companies, you must take note of industry leaders.
Visit our Office Copy Machine Ultimate Resource Page for additional information on office copier costs and just about anything else copy machine-related.
At AIS, we’re not only focused on keeping our clients well-informed of business trends, but we are dedicated to listening to their individual business needs. When we listen, you win. Only then can we begin to craft a technology road map that can help you move forward using the most reliable office technology. Contact us today and schedule a conversation with one of our business technology consultants, so we can show you how office technology can offer you peace of mind and help you win more business.