Get the expert support for IT planning you need.
Implementing technology without a coherent plan is a recipe for failure and wasting money. Every AIS managed IT services customer has a Virtual CIO (vCIO) managing their account and establishing the strategy for IT.
Your vCIO will take the time to understand your specific business challenges, pains, and goals to address your needs for today while working with you to anticipate and then meet future needs. Each quarter, you’ll meet with your vCIO to review the previous 90 days –
- Were there unexpected issues?
- Were goals met?
- Does the technology plan need revision or is it still relevant?
- Can business goals be supported with the current plan?
- Should your IT strategy shift because of newer best practices?
This continual planning process ensures that your IT will always be able to support your business goals – and THAT's what information technology is for.
Your virtual CIO has a finger on the pulse of the IT industry and what that means for your business.
Your Personal IT Expert
Your vCIO collaborates with you and is your advisor on all things IT, performing the same functions as a conventional CIO. Those duties include:
- Formulating strategic IT goals
- Planning the IT budget
- Analyzing and reworking business processes
- Facilitating technology changes
Your vCIO helps you maintain your IT infrastructure and provide more forward-looking services. For example, a vCIO can work with customers to plan a technology roadmap, identify opportunities to use new technology tools, and ensure we are meeting and exceeding our performance metrics.
How's this different from an IT technical advisory service? The main difference is that your vCIO will “go native” and take a broader view of each client, focusing on business and IT alignment. The focus is never on the technology, but on how technology can further business goals.
YOUR Virtual CIO will guide and assist you across a range of IT challenges:
- Select the right applications for your business
- Plan for disaster recovery and address business continuity challenges.
- Budgeting, forecasting, and ROI analysis
- IT project management
- Create and guide your IT strategy
- Plan your network and integration into existing infrastructure
- License compliance tracking and reporting
- Designing your network architecture
- Vendor management
- Cloud strategy – what's right for your business
- Project research
Most importantly, your vCIO will provide guidance in the context of a technology roadmap. The technology roadmap will ensure that your IT will grow logically to match your growing business’ requirements cost-effectively.